Monday, November 25, 2013
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Monday, November 11, 2013
- Jesus was a Liar. (In John 14:6 Jesus said He is the way, the truth the life. No one comes to the Father, except through Him. Consider His words and His actions. Did His actions contradict or confirm what He said?)
- Jesus was a Lunatic. (Consider the consistency of His life and His teachings. Can you honestly conclude that He was delusional or insane?)
- Jesus was a Legend. (Too much proof to deny the historical Jesus, unlike Paul Bunyan and his ox, Babe! )
- OR Jesus is Lord. If true, then…
- Not your parents – God does not have any grandchildren.
- Not the church you may attend or its teachings – a church can only point the way.
- Not you being a member or being raised in a certain religion – God is not interested in the labels we place on ourselves.
- Not your friends – God does recognize associations / acquaintances.
In summary, consider once again the two passages of the Bible this response began with, but this time personalize it – insert you own name in the blanks:
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that if _________ believes in
Him He/She will not perish but have eternal life. God did not send His Son into the world
to condemn it, but to save it. There is no judgment awaiting those who trust Him. But
those who do not trust Him have already been judged for not believing in the only Son of
God. Their judgment is based on this fact: The light from heaven came down into the
world, but they loved darkness more than light, for their actions were evil.”
John 3:16-19 New Living Translation
“The Lord isn’t really being slow about His promise to return, as some people think.
No, He is being patient for __________’s sake. He does not want ___________ to
perish, so H
e is giving more time to repent.”
2 Peter 3:9 New Living Translation