Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Gospel of John - Examine the Witnesses


Chapter 16 – the invitation of the Helper – “But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.”

When Jesus spoke to them of going away, He was referring to his death for the sins of the world, His resurrection and the 40 days He would have with them before being taken bodily into heaven.  But He would not leave them alone.   For several chapters now, Jesus has been telling His followers that He would send to them “the Helper, the Holy Spirit” (14:26).  Do you know of any other belief system or religion where God indwells His people?    And for what purpose?
  •          v4 to bring to remembrance His words and teaching;
  •           v9 to convict the world concerning sin;
  •           v13 to guide them into all truth;
  •           v22 to have joy that the world cannot take away:
  •           v33 to have His peace.  “In the world you have tribulation, but take courage, I have overcome the world.”


We all need Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment