Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Gospel  

With Christmas 2015 just past, let’s start 2016 with a reminder of what Jesus’ birth begins.  The word GOSPEL is used to describe His story, life and teachings -the hope of eternal life with Him.   By hope, I don’t mean the way we use the word today (for example: “I hope the weather isn’t bad.  I hope you like what I got you.  I hope you’re doing OK.”)    When hope is referred to in the Bible it describes a sure and certain promise that will be realized in the future.  It’s not an “if or maybe,” but only a matter of “when.”


The GOSPEL also concerns the example that Jesus has provided that He wants us to follow.   We’ll use the New Living Translation of the Gospel According to Mark for consideration of what the word GOSPEL coveys.

No comments:

Post a Comment