Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Don't All Religions Lead to the Same God?

Remembering Billy Graham's analogy of not being able to swim to Hawaii, all the various religions of the world are basically swimming instructions.  They may help, but they're not going to get you there.  Religion is all about a person telling God how he/she is going to please Him.  But, the only solution that God in His great love and mercy has provided is Jesus. So if going to heaven is what you want, then you need to follow the only solution to your situation.  You need a ticket, but you're unable to pay the price yourself.  But God out of His great love has bought you a ticket, because Jesus purchased it for you through His death for the sins of this world.  And He offers it to you as a gift.

How do you accept / receive the ticket He has for you?  In your own words, admit to God that you are a sinner and that you want to spend eternity with Him.  And accept the forgiveness of sins that He can only offer you through His Son Jesus.

Paraphrasing my first favorite verse from the Bible, "It is by the grace of God that I have been saved from my sins.  It is a gift that He has offered me through faith in His Son Jesus. And it is not the result of any work or good that I myself have done.  It's simply my  believing and trusting in what He has already done for me."   (Ephesians 2:8-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment