No one can deny the existence of suffering, pain and evil and, to some extent, each of our lives have been touched and affected by it. In our lifetime, a few examples:
- · 9/11/2001 in the U.S. and the terrorist attacks, be-headings and threats that continue to this day.
- · The genocide / “ethnic cleansing” being carried out by many nations.
- · Continued persecution of followers of Jesus around the world.
- · Tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, typhoons, the meteor in Russia not too long ago.
- · _______________________________________________ (chances are you have your own, personal, painful experience(s))
Could God eliminate suffering, pain and evil? The answer is yes. In fact, the Bible begins with an account of creation in Genesis with no suffering, pain or evil, and ends in the book of Revelation with a re-creation, where, once again, there will be no suffering, pain or evil. So what happened? And, why not eliminate it now, instead of waiting?