Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Matthew – the Gospel of Fulfillment – Chapter 10  Confession

It’s said that “confession is good for the soul,” but according to Jesus it is vital that we confess / profess our faith in Him:

“Everyone therefore who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before my Father in heaven.  But whoever shall deny Me before men, I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.” (v32-33)


For Jesus, confession is more than just words.  A few verses later, “And he who does not take up his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.  He who has found his life, shall lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake shall find it.” (v38-39).  

Jesus made a total commitment to us by taking our punishment for sin upon Himself and for our own good, He expects us to be totally committed to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment